Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: JRSC installation problems

  1. #11
    Inactive Member grof's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2005
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes I used the Hondata gasket. How can I check where the leaking is?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member grof's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2005
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way I also spoke with the hondata guy and he told me that the chip inside the ecu should be adjusted cause my Type R is european model maning I dont have a vtec pressure swich (only one cable is going from the vtec solenod instead of two like in US model)

  3. #13
    Inactive Member grof's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2005
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry one more question. If I find that the leaking occurs where the hondata gasket is how should I stop it?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member vactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the hondata gasket, i am assuming, is the intake amnifold plastic gasket, correct? you should start with the gasket the goes between the throttle body and the blower inlet. that is usually the culprit in hunting idle cases, or is at least, an easy and cheap starting pont

  5. #15
    Inactive Member grof's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2005
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thks. I have found where the leak is and it is fixed now. Sopke with Mett from Hondata and he has confirm me that they have sent the wrong chip to me and I should receive a new one during the incoming days. But I understand that the Hondata ECU and the s200 are already pre-programed for this setup. When you are saying that the car should be after the complete installation tuned again what are you preciesely reffering to? I want to go to dyno but what is it I should specificaly take care of? I should have some banchmarks to follow.

    Grof

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •